Life Lately - May 2016

So, what's goin on? It's been a while! We've had a busy past couple of months. We've settled into a new routine since I've been back at work. I miss my babies while I'm working but I truly love taking care of critical ICU patients. So here's a little update on what's been happening around the Tenneson household!

A while back we went to a fun little event called Cupcakes with Cinderella held by Alabama Youth Ballet Theater. Raley had a blast! She decorated cupcakes, made crafts, watched the dancers, and played with her sweet friend Katie.
My sweet friend Alicia from Nursing School was Cinderella! She's like the coolest person ever!

The following weekend we went to the Cinderella ballet. She was in a trance the entire time. Afterwards she kept talking about how "Cinderella a beautiful ballerina. The step-sisters not good dancers."

I had been looking forward to spring so that Raley and I could plant a small little flower garden together. We made a trip to Home Depot and Hobby Lobby to get some flowers to plant, a planter, and some cute little garden figures to put in it. She picked a frog and a caterpillar. We also got an angel in memory of my Granny, who always loved angels. It was super cute at first and she was really excited to go out each day and water her flowers but they have since all died! I do NOT have a green thumb whatsoever. I'll have to figure out what to do next. Any tips?
We had alot of fun at the annual family picnic at church. We thought storms would rain it out, but fortunately the rain held out and it turned out great. She had a blast running around with her friends and bouncing in the bouncy house.
Her sweet friend Tenley

We enjoyed some Mexican food with our good friends Josh and Michelle. We always love getting the kids together to play. Carlie is just a little over a year older than Raley and Raley just adores her!

We have really enjoyed sharing cuddle time and playing dress up lately. I have tried to focus on just relaxing and having fun with the girls as much as possible during my off time.
Elsa hair
How a princess plays ball

Playing dress up at MMO with friends


Many already know by now that I've been dabbling in party planning and I had my first party a month ago. (Check it out) While I was at the party Raley, David, and Audrey spent some time at his parents house hanging out, fishing and feeding horses.
Fishin with Pops
Pops has the touch

My brother and his family made a visit from Atlanta on Mother's Day weekend. We went to a little festival at Lowe Mill that had some vendors, live music and lots of bouncy houses. Raley and Payton had lots of fun in the bouncies. I always get nervous when there's a bunch of big kids in there with them but they did really good and no one got hurt! They had so much fun playing together and we had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

My baby sister is getting married next year and she made us these cute little boxes. It still doesn't seem real that she's getting married. But she just said YES to the dress so it must be!

Raley had her very first dance recital a couple weeks ago. We were very unsure about whether or not she would actually dance once she got on stage. She was so excited about wearing her costume. After I got her dressed she kept saying "I wanna show Daddy!" and "Look at my beautiful costume!" She danced really well during dress rehearsal but she didn't dance during the recital. I was just proud that she got on stage and didn't run off or cry! She looked so beautiful!
Little sassy thing

I love a little baby bun! I was surprised this held!


This pic gives me flashbacks of photos I have of me when I used to dance! Thanks, Melissa for this one!

We've tried to take advantage of the nice spring evenings we've had lately by taking walks, grilling out, and having dinner on the patio.
The cat decided he wanted to join us on our walk one night. He made it down the street and around the corner before giving up.



This past weekend was Lindsey and Brian's wedding in Nashville. We were so honored to be a part of their big day! Stay tuned for a post about their wedding and our trip to the Nashville zoo

For similar posts, visit the Life Lately Archives!


Let's get social!

Labels: , , , , ,