Anniversary Series Day 1: Our Wedding Day

My little sister getting married this past weekend has stirred up all kinds of magical memories from our wedding day 7 years ago. It feels like seven years has absolutely flown by. SO much has changed in this short amount of  time, yet it still feels like yesterday we were the ones saying "I do." 

Pretty much our entire family has been married during this week in June (dates ranging from June 16-23) so since it's "anniversary week", I thought it would be fun to create an Anniversary Series and share something new each day!

I don't think I've ever shared our wedding photos here before, so on day 1 we'll take a look at our wedding day!

We got married on June 19, 2010 at Burritt on the Mountain in Huntsville, Alabama. It rained a bit that morning, but it stopped in plenty of time for the sun to come out and dry everything up. It was humid, but was a little bit cooler up on the mountain. 

David and I decided to do our "first look" before the ceremony so we wouldn't have to take as much time before the reception taking pictures. (All photos by Authentic Photography)
I wanted a "Cinderella photo" and I got it! Definitely one of my favorites!
One of my favorite memories from the day is my mom putting my veil in my hair. It's such a special moment for a mother to help her daughter get ready for her wedding. I understand this now more than ever. I am excited to one day put my daughters' veils in their hair as they get ready to walk down the aisle with their daddy. (Not too excited though! Time, please don't go too fast!) 

We feel blessed to have had such an amazing man officiate our wedding. If I remember correctly, I was in 6th grade when Brandon became the youth minister at Madison Church of Christ. He was there for me during my most awkward and rough times. He helped talk sense into me when I didn't always make the best choices. I still appreciate him so much and still feel as if I could go to him if I needed to talk or if I need advice on something. He will always, always hold a special place in my heart and it means the world that he was the one standing up there with us that day.

I was proud of my daddy! He didn't cry walking me down the aisle. I got a tiny bit teary, but I didn't cry like I thought I would either. 

Kayla Beth (my sister) was my Maid of Honor and my cousin Kelsey was my Matron of Honor. David had 2 best men, his best friends Casey and Derek. We are blessed to have had all of these wonderful friends standing by our sides on this big day!
Kristen, Lindsey, Kelsey, Kayla Beth, April and Ashlee
Look how young KB looks! I can't believe she's married!
My sister and sister-in-law helping me get my dress on.
We had a great time at the reception. The food was catered by Creative Catering and it was beautiful and delicious! They catered Kayla Beth's wedding this weekend as well. They always do an amazing job! (They even pack up to-go boxes for the bride and groom to take with them after the wedding with a little bottle of champagne. Plus you get to keep the cooler! We still use ours all the time.)

The dances were my other favorite part of the wedding although I don't really like being the center of attention. David and I danced to "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. This may have been the only time that we were together, "just us," for the entire night. (We obviously weren't alone, but we were able to get a minute to talk quietly and laugh with each other.)

You remember I said Daddy and I did pretty good keeping the tears in while walking down the aisle? Well, we danced to "Butterfly Kisses" so we both found it hard not to cry during our dance. We tried to joke and laugh so we wouldn't focus on the words too much.  

We had even tried to find a different song that would fit but this song meant a lot to us when I was growing up so it had to be this one. We both listened to the song over and over beforehand to try and become immune to it's power but it didn't work. I've always been a "daddy's girl" so there is just something about a father-daughter dance that gets me every time. I could be at a wedding of two people I don't know and I'd still probably cry during the father-daughter dance!

David and his mom's dance was very touching as well. I've always loved this picture of them! I know I won't fully understand how she felt in this moment until I have a son of my own.

Even though I really don't like attention drawn to myself or to stand up in front of people, the cake cutting was pretty fun!

Although most of the day is a total blur, we had a great time dancing and celebrating with family and friends. When it was time to go, we had a sparkler send-off and were driven away in a vintage car.
This has always been one of my favorite pictures of the night. I'm sweaty, my make-up is mostly gone, and I'm holding the train of my dress, but we were both just so happy in this moment!
This car was just too cool! When we got to the hotel, the driver asked David if he would like for him to take a picture of "you and your wife." That was the first time I'd been called his wife and it made me giddy!
Here are a few other of my favorite details from the wedding:
I loooved our cakes made by Lucy The Cake Lady
The tablescapes and food displays by Creative Catering are indeed creative
The groom's table was filled with houndstooth, crimson and white, and photos of us throughout our years at Bama

I would love to hear from you! What were your favorite moments from your wedding? Did you have any "wedding day disasters" to overcome?

Day 2: 3 Years of Loving You by my sister-in-law Shannon at Messy Buns and Baby Bums
Day 3: Then and Now
Day 4: How We Work On Our Marriage




Let's get social!

Labels: , , , ,