To My Mom on this Mother's Day

This year's going to be a tough one. Even more so than other years. This Mother's Day marks 6 years since Granny went to stroll over Heaven with Jesus and Granddad. I miss her all the time and I know you do to.

I will never forget the last time I hugged her goodbye. I had to leave to go back to Tuscaloosa for finals. I had stayed as long as I could. It didn't hit me as I was saying goodbye. It hit me as soon as I walked out of the hospital room. I knew deep down that I had probably just said my last goodbye. I was right. I did terrible on my finals but I didn't care.
I wish so bad that she could have been at our wedding. I wish even more that she could have met the girls. Can you imagine how much she would have adored them? I probably wouldn't be the favorite anymore!
I know that we will both always feel some sadness on Mother's Day. But I also feel a ton of joy and happiness too. I am thankful for my two beautiful little girls that have given me feelings of a type of love I never knew existed. I have learned more about myself and what's really important in life in the past two and a half years than ever before.

They have also given me a new appreciation for you. You never cease to put your kids first. You have sacrificed so much for all of us over the years, I don't think we will ever be able to thank you enough. You don't realize what parents give up for their kids until you become one.

I am very thankful that you are willing to keep both girls while I work so that we don't have to put them in day care. It means alot that they will get to grow up with their Mimi.
I am especially glad that our relationship has grown over the past few years. I feel that we have become very close and that I can come to you with just about anything. 10 years ago I never would have dreamed that we'd be here (not because of anything you did or didn't do, but because I was immature and stubborn and naive).
So even though there will always be some sadness around this day, I hope that we can celebrate Granny's life and all the blessings that we have in our lives together. I will celebrate you, my Mom and my sweet little girls who made me one.

I love you, Mom!


Let's get social!

Labels: ,