Project Find Maddie A Home

We need some big time help finding Maddie a *good* home. I figured I would post it here and hope my awesome friends and readers will help me out and share!

Let me tell you a little bit about Maddie.

We adopted our sweet Maddie Girl 7 years ago when we were still in college. We got her from T-Town Paws, a rescue shelter in Tuscaloosa. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. She was a beautiful 5 month old Cocker Spaniel/Golden Retriever mix.
The day we brought her home
Maddie is a very sweet and loving dog on her own terms. There are many times when I will be laying on the couch and she will come snuggle up next to me. She is house trained. I honestly can't remember the last time she had an accident in the house. She LOVES to play fetch with a tennis ball. It's her favorite thing to do, and if you're willing she will run and fetch that ball all day long. Maddie has been a part of our family for 7 years and it breaks our hearts to have to give her up.

The reason we are having to rehome her is because she bit our daughter. Luckily it was on her hand and not somewhere worse, but we cannot risk something like this happening again. We have always thought that her previous owners were aggressive/abusive because she has snapped at and bitten other adults in the past. We learned that if Maddie is in "a mood" then we don't mess with her. We learned not to try and grab her by the collar to get her to go where wewant her to go. We just let Maddie do what Maddie wants to do. If she doesn't feel like going outside right now, then she doesn't have to. (If you or someone you know is interested in adopting her I can give you other tips for taking precautions with her)

The best home for Maddie would be a home without young children. A house would also be preferable to an apartment. She tends to bark at strangers but once she knows that they are not a threat she is fine with them (especially if they'll throw a ball for her!) She usually warms up to other pets pretty quickly as well.

It tears us up to have to do this but we feel like it is the right thing to do. We also wanted to be up front about her aggression issues because we don't want anyone to get hurt. We would love to find her a good home by word of mouth. We do not want to take her to a shelter because chances are she would end up being put down while surrounded by strangers and I can't bear to even think about that. So I need YOUR help!

Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested. Message me on Facebook or send me an email to hntenneson@gmail.com. Thanks yall!

Maddie LOVES her tennis balls