Staircase Gallery Wall

I've been wanting to make a gallery wall for my staircase for a while now. But I knew it was going to be pricey to get all the pictures printed and buy all the frames and different things I wanted to get. So this year for my birthday I told the hubby that all I wanted was cash to make my gallery wall. And I told him that if anyone else asked what to get me to tell them that I wanted cash.
And that's what he did! 

So I spent last Saturday morning shopping for stuff. I got everything I needed from Bed Bath and Beyond and Hobby Lobby. It feels so good to just go and buy whatever you need and not worry about how much money you're spending out of pocket. And to make it even better Hobby Lobby had a TON of stuff on sale. I got all of my frames and most of the other things I needed for 50% off. Plus I had a coupon so I think I only paid full price for like 2 things and they were each under $10. I'd call that a win!

I had done some research online and found an 8 piece set of frames that I liked at BB&B. They were multiple sizes and different shades of brown, gold, and off white. They also had a wooden window pane frame that I LOVED! I really wanted one larger frame that I could kinda use as the centerpiece to put Raley's 3, 6, 9, and 12 month photos in and I thought this one was PERFECT! So I started at BB&B. Luckily they had both things I  was looking for AND I was able to use 20% off coupons for each of them.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and found the rest of the frames. I just grabbed some random ones in different shades and sizes. And I decided to do some *pops* of blue here and there to bring out some color. I found this blue wooden frame that looks like a drawer and fell in love! I got some other things, like the initial letters and some signs to mix it up so it wasn't all pictures in frames.

Now for the fun part. I laid everything out on the floor and figured out how I wanted to arrange everything. Then I decided what pictures I wanted to go where and placed an online photo order at Walgreens. Walgreens' photo prints cost a little more but I've had bad experiences with Walmart photo and Walgreens prints better than Target so I now they are my go-to place. They usually have good deals so I never pay full price. This week they had all their enlarged prints 33% off, which saved me about $8.

Next I traced the frames on some extra bulletin board paper that I had from Raley's party supplies and cut them out. After I got everything cut out I taped the pieces of paper up on the wall to make sure everything would fit the way I wanted and so I could get the spacing right before I went to drillin holes. (I meant to take a picture of this but I forgot.) 

After I picked up the prints from Walgreens and got everything spaced out exactly how I wanted I started hanging things up. I started with the biggest frame in the middle and went out from there. There are a couple frames with the "frame people" still in there...I'm waiting to get the rest of her 12 month pics back!
I LOVE how it turned out! Here it is:



Labels: ,